About Beal University
Get the Support You Need to Start a Career in 20 Months or Less*
We want you to become a successful graduate, attain your career goals and more. That’s why Beal University has put all of the measures in place to support the advancement of your education and your career prospects. Read on to find out more.
How Beal University Will Help You Get Ahead
Here are some of the ways that completing your education at Beal will help you advance while in school and after graduation:
- Flexible Class Schedules – Get on the fast track to the career that you want. Our classes are accelerated, running on 8-week modular systems, which are half as long as regular semesters. There are 6 start dates per year for you to choose from, and classes run year-round. That means you could finish your Associate’s Degree in 20-months or less if you are a full-time student
- Direct Entry – Once your admissions application is accepted and you pass your entrance exam, you’ll gain direct entry into the program, meaning you won’t be put on a wait-list or into a pre-program if the slots are filled. Instead, you’d start in the following 8 weeks
- Student Resources and Amenities – Beal offers student services including free peer tutoring, dedicated study groups, academic advising, and more. We’ve also put in a lot of effort to create a campus life that will nurture you, with amenities like a cafe, gym, bookstore, and library
- Online Classes Available – We provide online classes for your convenience. You have the option to complete courses solely online or in a blended on-campus/online format. This was implemented for those students who live far away or who have schedules that don’t allow them to attend class during regular school hours
- Career Services – Whether you’re a current student or graduate, we’ll assist you with resume writing, interview techniques, job search methods, employment leads, employment trends, professionalism, and more. Discover our career services department today
Established in 1891 by Miss Mary Beal and located in Bangor, Maine, Beal University just celebrated 125 years of service to Maine citizens. Beal offers the ideal environment for students who want a targeted, hands-on education that provides the skills and training necessary for the careers of today while preparing them for the employment trends of tomorrow.
Beal University’s mission is to become partners with our students on their journey to improve their career opportunities through the contemporary academic programs offered at Beal University.
Beal University will become the region’s premier University by focusing on academic programs and associated student support services that are both qualitatively and quantitatively effective.
Making a positive impact in people’s lives is what Beal University is all about. That includes proudly supporting a number of organizations in our community through volunteer work, donations, services, scholarships, and monetary contributions. Here are some examples of the things we have done in the community that we are proud of:
- Hike for Homeless, Bangor Homeless Shelter – Participant
- Chamber of Commerce, Business Expo – Speed Networking Sponsor
- Field for Kids Fashion Show Fundraiser – Sponsor
- BangPop Kids Central Festival – Sharing and Caring Sponsor
- Bangor July 4th Parade – Grand Marshal
- Tee-Off for Lyme Disease Charity Golf Tournament – Sponsor
- Field for Kids Charity Golf Tournament – Corporate Sponsor
- Hope House Softball Charity Tournament – Team Sponsor
- Beal University 125th Celebration Kids Carnival, BBQ and Car Show to benefit the Hope House – Host
- Maine Children’s Discovery Museum- Super Hero Sponsor
- Cool Sounds Concert Series, Downtown Bangor – Hosting Sponsor
- Champion the Cure for Eastern Maine Hospital System – KidsZone Sponsor
- Maine Oxy Golf Tournament, benefits Camp Capella – Co-Sponsor
- Bangor Lock-Up for the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Maine – Participant
- Good Samaritan Agency Duck Race – Corporate Sponsor
- Penboscot County Ice Arena – Sponsor
- Bangor Humane Society – Paws on Parade – Rookie Sponsor
- Chamber of Commerce Challenge Golf Tournament – Raffle and Team Sponsor
- Old Town Riverfest Parade – Participant
- ArtOctober, Bangor Arts – Presenting Sponsor
- Pumpkins in the Park, United Cerebral Palsy – Event Sponsor
- Fusion, Bangor Chamber of Commerce – Extravaganza Drink Sponsor
- Bangor Parks and Recreation – Website Sponsorship
- YMCA, Bangor – Team Sponsor
- Festival of Trees, Anah Shriners – Sponsor
- Festival of Lights Parade, Rotary Club- Sponsor
- Downtown Countdown New Year’s Eve, Downtown Bangor Partnership – Premier Sponsor
Is Beal University Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about Beal University and exploring whether we have the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 207-307-3900
*Program length when competed in normal time.