Canadian Students at Beal University
All Canadian students are encouraged to enroll at Beal University either in fully online programs or physically attending on campus.
If you plan on attending classes physically on campus in the U.S. you do not need a visa to enter the U.S. but a passport is required. A student should present the passport, Form I-20 A-B (PDF), and financial documentation at the Canadian/U.S. border. Students enrolled in distance education (online) classes are NOT required to submit passport, Form 1-20, and financial documentation.
All students, regardless of location, are required to, but not limited to:
- Meet with an admissions representative either in person or over the phone. Contact us today to schedule your interview.
- Submit your application fee (pay online here).
- Submit copies of transcripts to:
Beal University, Office of the Registrar
99 Farm Rd.
Bangor, ME 04401
- Complete Beal’s Application for Admission (click here).
Residents of Canada, who are not Canadian citizens and intend to enroll physically on campus, must apply for an F-1 student visa and follow the admissions requirements as an international student (beal.edu/international-students/)
International (non-U.S.) High Schools (and College Transcripts)
High school transcripts from other countries must be in English and reasonably equivalent to the United States. Transcripts not in English must be first sent to a separate evaluation agency. The University must receive evaluations directly from the agencies. The prospective student is required to:
- Contact a foreign credential evaluation organization that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) (www.naces.org/members)
- Send all non-English transcripts to the approved evaluation agency.
- Apply for a Detailed, Course by Course Evaluation.
- Ask the agency to send the evaluation directly to Beal University.
Applicants of the Nursing program need to have a minimum of a C grade average from high school and college/university in order to be considered for admissions to our university.
Student Financial Services (Loan Assistance Program)
Non U.S. citizens are not eligible for U.S. Federal financial aid. Students are encouraged to seek assistance through their Canadian Bursary.
If you are considered a dual citizen, having both a U.S. Citizen status and a Canadian Citizen status, you may elect to apply for U.S. Federal financial assistance (by completing a FAFSA) or you may elect to apply for Canadian assistance.
Dollar amounts provided to Canadian students are in U.S. funds, unless otherwise indicated.
Loans, grants and bursaries are available to help you access and pay for post-secondary education. For Canadian Financial Assistance, applicants must apply to their home province. You are encouraged to apply at least three months prior to the start of classes.
New Brunswick Student Financial Services
- Toll free: 1-800-667-5626
- Website: www.studentaid.gnb.ca
- Designated Educational Institution code for Beal University in New Brunswick: MXVB
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Student grants and loan services in the Ontario province may help you pay your tuition fees. It is available to those who are eligible and meet the requirements. For more information on OSAP, and to apply, please visit www.osap.gov.on.ca.
Quebec Student Financial Aid
Quebec province provides grants and loans to assist in paying for tuition and fees for a provincial student, to determine eligibility, and to apply, visit https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/student-financial-assistance/
Alternative Loans (in U.S. funds) through U.S. lenders may provide financial assistance to students and/or parents who are unable to borrow through traditional student loan programs or are unable to borrow sufficient money to cover college costs.
For more information, please visit the following links:
- eduPASS: Financial Aid for International Students
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) – Beal University Canada
How do Beal University Canada students and staff sign up to access EFAP?
- Call the EFAP Client Services Center at 1-800-663-1142, or;
- Register online at *https://homeweb.ca
- Student Assistance Program (SAP) flyer
*An Invitation Code is required to create your account on homeweb.com: BUC553