Careers at Beal
For Beal Instructors There is Nothing More Rewarding Than Helping Students Become Career Ready
At the heart of Beal University are the phenomenal instructors. If you hold a relevant credential and have experience in the field, consider applying for the positions listed below.
Beal University is an equal opportunity employer. Employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of experience, aptitudes, and abilities. Beal University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or handicap in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities.
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Program Director
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional event
- Monitor student attendance, academic activity and retention and document as required by the administration
- Grade assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner (i.e. less than 48 hours from the due date of the assignment/homework)
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development and professional growth) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field; attending teaching improvement as provided including mandatory online training and reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings
- Ensure daily review of the course to monitor student participation, answer student questions and grade student work within 48 hours
- Perform other duties as required
- Doctorate for Graduate level programs, Master's degree for Bachelors level program, Bachelor's degree for Associate's and diploma level program
- Must have minimum of 18 credit hours in specific subject matter
- Preferred prior teaching experience preferably with online experience
- Experienced with a Learning Management System preferred (Canvas)
- Pay by Course and/or Credit Hour
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level