Continue Your Education to Become a Nursing Professional – Online
Online 14-Month* RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The RN to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program continues the education of the professional nurse to meet the demands of nursing in today’s complex healthcare environment. BSN graduates are valued for their abilities to think critically, demonstrate leadership, provide case management, and engage in health promotion. They are also able to apply their skills across a variety of healthcare settings.
This program develops nurses in the generalist role in alignment with the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education (AACN). Upon successful completion of the program, the students will further be able to collaborate as a professional member of the healthcare team.
The best way to see if Beal University is the right fit for you is to contact an admissions representative. Get more information on the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, class schedules, and financial aid options so that you can make an informed decision about your future. Get more info or Book a Tour.
Your Future in Nursing Begins Here
In 2010 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released a pivotal study related to the Future of Nursing, suggesting that nurses should achieve higher levels of education, and set a goal of 80% of nurses prepared with at least a BSN by 2020. This research showed that nurses with higher levels of education (Bachelors’s and Master’s degrees) have better patient outcomes that decrease mortality rates.
Our RN-BSN program keeps in mind your busy schedule and this fully online program will continue to develop your nursing knowledge without impacting your nursing practice. Our curriculum was developed with a strong focus on culture, diversity, integrity and a global view of healthcare. The program incorporates building knowledge through continuous quality improvements, and overall safety of our patients and communities. As a student, you will also engage in high-quality practice experiences that provide opportunities for expanding clinical judgment and management of patients across the healthcare continuum.
With flexible online and on-campus schedules, smaller class sizes, and accelerated programs, you will feel prepared and supported to pursue your career goals upon graduation.
During the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you’ll take courses such as:
- Professional Nursing Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare
- Population Health: A global perspective
- Transcultural Perspectives in Healthcare
- Holistic Approaches to Healthcare
- Leadership: Trends in the Changing Healthcare Environment
An On-Campus Experience, From Home
Beal University designed the RN-BSN program with a student-centric approach to allow the freedom of remote learning. Students will not feel alone, though. Beal’s support system is there to help students succeed within the program, and into their professional careers.
Students will not have to worry about missing out on a traditional learning experience. Group projects, discussion questions, and integrative assignments create an interactive curriculum. Subsequently, this provides a hands-on experience. In addition to this, students can still access campus services such as the writing center, library services, technical support, and career services.
Is a Nursing Career Right for You? Take the Beal University"Medical Career Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical career readiness score now >>
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Utilize the nursing process to construct safe, evidence-based, client-centered, and culturally competent, holistic approaches for care to diverse individuals and populations. All while providing a culture of caring, diversity, integrity, and excellence.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with individuals, families, and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team incorporating informatics, technology literacy, current evidence-based practice and nursing research.
- Collaborate as a responsible and accountable member of the healthcare team, utilizing critical thought to further develop clinical judgment and decision-making skills to provide safe, quality, patience-centered care, incorporating a culture of caring, diversity, integrity and excellence.
Diverse Career Prospects
Some people think that if they become a Nurse, they can only work in a hospital. That just isn’t so! Nurses can apply their skill set to a variety of organizations, including:
- Outpatient Care Facilities
- Pain Management
- Informatics Nurse
- Health Policy
- Nursing Homes
- Outreach Centers (for youth or street entrenched people)
- Detox facilities
- Medi Spas
- Community Health Centers
- NGOs (work overseas)
Ready to Take Your Nursing Career to the Next Level? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about professional career training, fill out the form on this page to receive more information. A friendly Beal University Career Advisor can answer career questions, guide you to our virtual tour, and get you helpful financial aid information. Get the answers you need to discover the perfect career path for you.
For immediate questions, call 207-307-3900
*Program length when completed in normal time.